Provided with Richard Moore in Ottawa and Toronto. This course is an industry leader in recognizing med-arbitration as an innovative stand alone process that can be used in a range of disputes.
The goal of this two-day workshop is to provide a solid theoretical understanding of arbitration and med-arbitration, and ample time to interactively develop the practical skills to confidently design and conduct, efficient, effective and fair arbitration and med-arbitration hearings.
Topics covered include:
- conflict management theory and principles;
- principles of natural justice; law and evidence;
- how arbitration and med-arbitration fit into the conflict management spectrum and when their use is appropriate;
- stages and transitions in process, how to avoid common pitfalls, the applicable rules of procedure;
- codes of conduct;
- ethical decision-making;
- and how to write good reasoned decisions in plain English.
This two-day course is both a standalone program and integrated into our arbitration training.
Please contact us for more information.