Provided with Richard Moore in Ottawa and Toronto. The goal of this 5-day workshop is to give you a solid theoretical understanding of arbitration and med-arbitration, and ample time to interactively develop the practical skills to confidently design and conduct, efficient, effective and fair arbitration and med-arbitration hearings.
Topics covered include:
- conflict management theory and principles;
- principles of natural justice; law and evidence;
- how arbitration and med-arbitration fit into the conflict management spectrum and when their use is appropriate;
- stages and transitions in process, how to avoid common pitfalls, the applicable rules of procedure;
- codes of conduct;
- ethical decision-making;
- and how to write good reasoned decisions in plain English.
This 40-hour core program is offered in two segments, a three-day arbitration focused overview combined with a two-day med-arbitration focus which builds on and integrates with the first section to provide a unique dynamic overview of arbitration.
TBA in Ottawa and Toronto in 2020.
Please contact us for more information.