About / Colm Brannigan, FCIArg., C.Med., C.Arb.
Chartered Mediator and Arbitrator
Colm Brannigan is an independent ADR practitioner who provides online mediation, med-arb and arbitration services in many different types of disputes throughout Ontario.
A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb), Colm has received the Chartered Mediator (C. Med.), Chartered Arbitrator (C. Arb.) and Chartered Med-Arb (C. Med-Arb.) designations from the ADR Institute of Canada (ADRIC).
Colm attended the University of Toronto, McMaster University and the Faculty of Law, Queen’s University. He also completed a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) at Osgoode Hall Law School of York University.
Colm is an acknowledged expert in the development of med-arb and online dispute resolution processes. He was a member of the ADRIC’s Task Force on Med-Arb which developed the ADRIC Med-Arb Rules and was also a member of the ADRIC ODR Task Force.
He is a frequent speaker at continuing education programs and conferences and has been an adjunct faculty member in ADR at various colleges and the Faculty of Law at Queen’s University. Colm has written extensively on ADR topics in a variety of professional and industry publications. To read some of his writing please click here.
Colm is a former director of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Institute of Ontario (ADRIO). He is co-chair of its Med-Arb subsection, chair of the Qualified Mediator (Q. Med.) Assessment Committee and a member of the Chartered Mediator (C. Med.) Assessment Committee.
Colm is a founding member of the Canadian Collaborative for Engagement & Conflict Management (https://www.c4ecm.ca/) where he provides ADR training.
He is also a member of the Ontario Chapter of the Canadian Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, the International Council for Online Dispute Resolution (ICODR), the Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators – Canada Branch and various industry associations and was also a founding board member of the Ireland Canada Chamber of Commerce – Toronto.
Education and Accreditations
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitration, London England
- Chartered Mediator – ADR Institute of Canada (2003)
- Chartered Arbitrator – ADR Institute of Canada (2010)
- LL.M. (ADR), Osgoode Hall Law School of York University (2003)
- LL.B., Queen’s University Faculty of Law. (1981)
- Member, Chartered Mediator Assessment Committee, ADR Institute of Ontario
- Member ADR Institute of Canada National Med-Arb Rules Committee
- Former Board member, ADR Institute of Ontario and Ontario Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- ADR Institute of Ontario
- ADR Institute of Canada
- Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society
- Canadian Condominium Institute